Before you list your house for sale, consider the best way to sell your house: well-planned home staging. Some positive aspects of home staging include fewer days on the market and higher selling prices. You should definitely decide on professional home staging if you need a quick home sale.
Staging your house in Lakeland, Florida is all about promoting a lifestyle. You want buyers to see themselves living and lounging in your house. You want them to see your present home as their next home.
Staging your home to sell shouldn’t be thought of as a nerve-racking experience. At times, it’s an eye-opening and creative project. Together, we’ll work to get a high offer for your home. Use these home staging tips to get you started:
Curb Appeal Check List
- Is the roof free and clear from obstructions and moss?
- Are the gutters clear and neatly hung?
- Are the windows clean and free from obstructions (such as overgrown bushes or trees)?
- Are bushes, trees and shrubs neatly pruned?
Inspect the condition of the paint or siding?
- Is it time to power wash the siding?
- Is touch up paint needed?
- Is the front door in good shape?
Do flower beds need an upgrade?
- Are plants neatly pruned?
- Is the bed free and clear of weeds?
- Is the bed properly mulched?
- Are flowers in bloom?
Keep the lawn neatly groomed.
- Is the lawn free from weeds?
- Is the lawn free from grass clippings?
- Is the lawn neatly edged?
Staging Check List
Remove all clutter from the house:
- Are countertops free and clear?
- Have you removed unnecessary furniture throughout the house?
- Remove the art gallery and coupon collection from the refrigerator.
Check the bathrooms:
- Are the surfaces clean and clear?
- Are shower curtains and doors hung properly?
- Is the flooring clean and fresh?
- Are towels neatly hung?
Check the walls:
- Is paint and wallpaper fresh and clean?
- Are the walls free from holes?
- Are there any colors or objects on the walls that need to be removed?
Check the floors:
- Is the carpet clean and free from stains?
- Are hard surface floors clean and free from stains?
Check windows and window coverings:
- Are all the windows clean?
- Are draperies and blinds clean?
- Are there any signs that this is a pet’s home? Be sure to clean and remove kitty litter, pet toys and bedding.
How’s the aroma?
- Try to air out the home prior to showings.
- If air freshener is necessary, use well before showings as a consideration to those with allergies.
Set the mood prior to showings:
- Open draperies and blinds.
- Turn on the radio to a classical music station, set the volume on low.
- If you have time, cook a batch of cookies to have the warm, welcoming aroma permeating the home.